[Phylobase-devl] release date

Jim Regetz regetz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 28 06:30:09 CEST 2009

Jim Regetz wrote:
<snip>
> With regard to the subsetting/pruning problem, it's not just that it
> doesn't work in some cases, but it actually produces the wrong answer.
> And at least in my usage, subsetting is a core tree operation that I
> would really expect to work properly in phylobase.
<snip>

Today I made considerable headway on writing a native phylo4 subset
method. There are a couple of loose-end issues I know I need to fix, and
it's not yet as full-featured as ape::drop.tip. Of course, I'll have to
put it through the wringer with a bunch of different trees. It's also
not terribly efficient, but that can be improved. All those negatives
aside, I'm optimistic! I'll try to get something committed soon. Just
wanted to make sure no one else is unknowingly doing the same thing.

Cheers,
Jim