[Phylobase-devl] On the ordering of tips...

Thibaut Jombart jombart at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Mar 4 12:22:47 CET 2008

Thibaut Jombart wrote:
> What shall we do? We could:
> 1) Assume this is how it should be, document it somewhere, correct the
> plot method
> 2) Make sure that tips are numbered "according to the topology", that
> is, that the first tip in edge in indeed tip #1, etc.
> 3) Do something else?

Hi all,

I keep answering my own emails, but please see no narcissism in this.
Emmanuel told me that there were no constraint imposed on the order of
the tips in $edge. That is, the first appearing tip is not necessarily
"1", etc., even if this is often the case (especially in rtree / rcoal).
Hence, the matching of anything related to tips should be done with
tip.labels. I corrected the plot method accordingly.

Cheers,

Thibaut.