[Phylobase-devl] Planning the next release of phylobase

Peter Cowan pdc at berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 21 22:31:54 CET 2008

Hi all,

Our 0.3 release has been out in the wild for a little while now.  We
should begin planning for the next release of phylobase.  Right now
the TODO file is a bit big and sprawling.  First we should clear out
the completed items.  Then add features to be implemented next.

To get the ball rolling, here is what I would like to see in the next
version.

1. A working example in the vignette of a function.  I'm willing to do
this and was considering a brownian trait simulator (because there
appears to be a shortage).

2. Automagical subsetting of phylo4d objects.

3. A final decision on how nodes will be referred to by other commands.

What does everyone think the best way to track and discuss these
issues?  Via the mailing list?  A chat-room or telephone conference?
Or by the R-forge issue tracker?  Personally I'm interested in giving
the tracker a try, it would allow us to claim tasks and have
conversation about particular features/bugs.  What do other people
think?

Lastly, we've now transitioned to the r-forge mailing lists.
Development discussions should now be directed to:

<phylobase-devl at lists.r-forge.r-project.org>

Peter