[Phylobase-devl] Vote for arguments

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Wed Dec 24 17:16:35 CET 2008

Peter Cowan wrote:
> On Dec 24, 2008, at 10:50 AM, François Michonneau wrote:
>
>> Several functions use: c("tip", "node", "allnode") (eg labels)
>> other use: c("tip", "internal", "all") (eg nodeId)
>> which one (or combination) do you prefer?
>
> + 1 for c("tip", "internal", "all")
>
>> I think it would make things easier if we are consistent.
>
> Sorry for not knowing how to use the email list earlier...

BMB:  "allnode" can be abbreviated to "all" if we use match.args()
but I'm OK with c("tip","internal","all")

The inconsistency between "internal" and "node" is from our
inability to be completely comfortable with "node" as shorthand
for "internal node".

--
Ben Bolker
Associate professor, Biology Dep't, Univ. of Florida