[NMF-user] Fwd: Stable NMF version

Hilmar Berger ju0815nk at gmx.net
Mon Mar 18 14:14:16 CET 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to install NMFged and CellMix in R-2.15.3, but it seems that
for both versions there are problems with the current (v0.10.3) package
of NMF. I managed to finally install the current NMF version after
fixing some incompatibilities with the current pkgmaker package from rforge, but did
not succeed to get either of the two target packages up and working.
There seem to be incompatibilities between NMF v0.10.3 and NMFged, and
some other problems with pkgmaker/registry for CellMix.

I found a vignette of NMFged that says that it requires NMF v0.5.99, but
I am unable to find that package version anywhere.

I guess that CellMix is still under development.  However, is there a
way to get the NMF version (v0.5.99) required to get at least NMFged
running ? I'm on Ubuntu 12.04, if that matters. If you want I can send
more detailed error descriptions, but for now I probably would be fine
with the old NMF version.

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Hilmar