[Nmf-user] [ANN] NMF version 0.9 pre-release

Renaud renaud at cbio.uct.ac.za
Sat Nov 10 12:21:35 CET 2012

Dear NMF enthusiasts,

following some recent changes/enforcement of CRAN policies the NMF package
was archived on mid-September, while I was on leave. As a result it has not
been accessible for standard installation ever since. I apologise for the
inconvenience and hope it did not affect your research or interest in NMF
methodologies.

I have been working hard on a new version, so that it could quickly make
its way to CRAN, and bring along a set of improvements developed over the
past year, such as a brand new and  improved annotated heatmap engine for
visualizing NMF results.

The update is now ready and passes all the checks on my system, but for
some reason fails on CRAN own machines, and some investigation about this
dark magic is necessary until the package is finally back live on CRAN.

It is important that the package is immediately available in some way
though, especially given the many enquiries I had about the package and its
disappearance from R world. So I put a pre-release version on my personal
CRAN-like repository, from which the package can be installed via the
following command:

install.packages('NMF',
repos=c('http://web.cbio.uct.ac.za/~renaud/CRAN',getOption
('repos')))

I hope you will like this new version and welcome any feedback, bug report,
discussion or suggestion, which could improve the package's quality and
usability.
Note that there is a mailing list dedicated to this (
nmf-user at lists.r-forge.r-project.org) to which you can subscribe, if you
have not already:

Last but not least, an eye-candy browsable version of the documentation
pages is available online at:

http://nmf.r-forge.r-project.org

I will let you know when the package is officially released on CRAN.

Bests,
Renaud

PS: you are receiving this email because you showed interest in the NMF
package, in some way or another. Please send me an email if you do not want
to receive any more emails about it.

--

Renaud Gaujoux
Computational Biology - University of Cape Town