[GenABEL-dev] Patch bug [#1322] polygenic would not run with a covariate which is non-informative

Yurii Aulchenko yurii.aulchenko at gmail.com
Wed May 25 18:04:41 CEST 2011

Nicola, Lennart,

Thank you - the howto is rather valuable for a starting "patcher", so
these are really good news we have it now!

Re: how to testing - why not just publishing this @ RForge and when
somebody want to contribute a fix, direct him/her to the howto, saying
this is rather new doc and (s)he can he'llp also by improving it. If
everybody ok with this, and no further comments on the text, I will
push it to RForge in next few days. Please let me know if this does
not sound good to anyone :)

Re: patch - many thanks! We will have a look at it and if no concerns
apply to the mainstream dev-code in next few days.

Best wishes,
Yurii

On 5/25/11, pirastu at burlo.trieste.it <pirastu at burlo.trieste.it> wrote:
> Hi Lennart,
>
> thanks a lot for the corrections, I think it's a bit clearer now.
> I was wondering if we can test it on someone who has never done anything
> of the like to see if it's clear enough.
>
> Nicola
>

>> Hi Nicola,
>>
>> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 21:33 +0200, pirastu at burlo.trieste.it wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>

>>> I've also attached a first version of the "How to Make a patch"
>>> intructions. I've based this on what I've actually done to make this
>>> patch
>>> and if you have any suggestions comments changes ecc. please let me
>>> know.
>>>

>> Thanks for your howto, it will be very helpful. I took a look at it and
>> fixed a couple of typos and made a few minor changes.
>>
>> Let me know what you think of it.
>>
>> Lennart.
>>

>>> Best
>>>
>>> Nicola