[Distr-distr] Beta-Binomial and Beta-Negative Binomial

Joan Maspons j.maspons at creaf.uab.cat
Wed Mar 28 13:18:33 CEST 2012

Hello,
I need functions for Beta-Binomial and Beta-Negative Binomial. I asked in
the forums about compound probability distributions [1] but this is not
implemented in a generalized way.

I have implemented the functions for the particular cases. These functions
depends on hypergeo package so I think it don't fit R-base. At the moment
there are functions for CDF and PMF but it lacks the random number
generator and the quantile functions.

Are you interested in add these functions to distr package? If yes I can
send you the code and I can try to work in the remaining funtions.

[1]
https://r-forge.r-project.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=4476&forum_id=256&group_id=87

Yours,
--
Joan Maspons
CREAF (Centre de Recerca Ecològica i Aplicacions Forestals)
Tel +34 93 581 2915            j.maspons at creaf.uab.cat
http://www.creaf.uab.cat