[datatable-help] Issues Installing psych package

spvm1017 spvm.1017 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 00:46:26 CET 2018

Hello,

I recently upgraded R (R 3.4.3 GUI 1.70 El Capitan build) and RStudio
(1.1.383) on my Macbook Pro (10.13.2), but can no longer use my normal
packages - primarily the psych package. I've already tried to remove all my
packages and reinstall them, but I'm still having problems.

Here is the issue I encounter when I try to install psych. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

> install.packages('psych')
Installing package into ‘/Users/D10/Library/R/3.4/library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)

  There is a binary version available but the source version is later:
        binary source needs_compilation
psych 1.7.3.21  1.7.8             FALSE

installing the source package ‘psych’

trying URL 'https://cran.rstudio.com/src/contrib/psych_1.7.8.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 3311758 bytes (3.2 MB)
downloaded 3.2 MB

Attaching package: ‘carData’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:car’:

    Guyer, UN, Vocab

lattice theme set by effectsTheme()
See ?effectsTheme for details.

Attaching package: ‘Hmisc’

The following objects are masked from ‘package:base’:

    format.pval, units

Error in library(psych) : there is no package called ‘psych’
Execution halted
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘psych’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in

‘/private/var/folders/d9/wmt4pnmj4lb67vn989zvzxj80000gn/T/RtmpGs7TAo/downloaded_packages’

--
Sent from: http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/datatable-help-f2315188.html