[datatable-help] need urgently some help to understand summary and anova functions in linear on Oct 16, 2017; – mixed analysis.

rach khelifi.rach at free.fr
Mon Oct 16 21:52:05 CEST 2017

I'm newby in linear mixed model, so my first question is very basic. I'm
doing a linear mixed analysis with one fixed factor (frequency) and two
random factors (subject and item)
I run an expriment where participant were required to read a text with high
and low fréquent.
First duration fixation (FF) on high and low frequency word (HF vs BF) were
recorded

I want to know if frequency have an effect on first fixation.
I have two model :
> m0=lmer(FF~(1|subject)+(1|item),data=donfreq)
> m1=lmer(FFms~frequency+(1|subject)+(1|item),data=donfreq)

1)I use anova fonction (anova(m0,m1)) which gives me the following result :
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/t385626/image_n%C2%B01.png>

2)I use the summary function ((summary(m1)  which gives the following
results
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/t385626/image_n%C2%B02.png>

I would like to know which of those to analysis give the correct statistical
result (anova fonction with p =0.004156  or summary fonction with p
=0.00754).

Thank you in advance for any help
rach

--