[datatable-help] Using data.table code in an interactive desktop application written in C# or Java

Don Brady dbrady at pobox.com
Sun Apr 16 13:22:24 CEST 2017

Thanks you very much for the comments.  Those are some good ways to get
he data back and forth.  In fact, I think we can regard those mechanical
issues as taken care of.  I can see a number of ways to do that.

However, once I get the columnar data (what was data.tables in R) into
C# and stored in memory, what representation of it should I use in C#
that would be most like data.table?   And how would I manipulate it then
and there in C#, but in data.table like ways, without involving R at
that point.  Does anyone know what .Net way would be most like
data.table?  Would it be LINQ Objects, for example, or some in-memory
data package?   I do not want to do SQL etc. which is so painful
compared to data.table.  I know this is not a data.table question as
such, but people here are the only people who can understand it because
they know what data.table is.  I want to be able to add one column to
another etc. as I can do in data.table.  (Then maybe eventually send it
back to R as a data.table which is just mechanics again).

If I am too far off topic let me know and I apologize.

Thanks,

Don