[datatable-help] Apply formula to several files

fanfanus fanfanus at orange.fr
Mon Oct 10 19:36:31 CEST 2016

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner in R.
In order to verify my data files (which are tables with values separated by
spaces in .txt files), I wanr to count the number of columns in each file.

So I made the formula that works:

ncol(read.table("my_file.txt", header = FALSE, sep = ""))

The problem is I have 257 files to check in the same folder! I would have to
automate this function for me to get the number of columns in each of his
files.

I think I shoud use this formula :

list.files(path="C:/.....")

But I don't know how to...