[datatable-help] R beginner

Papysounours Cyrille.laurent.sage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:41:33 CET 2015

Hi

I am just starting R programming because i need it to analyse new sequencing
data. I got two list of data (excel table) one is gene list with chromosomal
position (like start:123456 end:124567), the other is miRNA list with only
one position (like 123789).
 In the first liste i have around 20000 row (meaning 20000 gene name to
compare to) and for the second around 4500 row (4500 miRNA).
I want to compare the position of each individual miRNA position (
genestart<=miRNA<=geneend ) to the entire list of gene in order to get in a
new table the name of the miRNA (first colum of the miRNA list) and the name
of the gene  (first colum of the gene list) related to the miRNA.
Hope thisis not to much to ask.
Papy