[datatable-help] Subsetting By Row Function

bgoldstein ben.goldstein at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 01:12:07 CEST 2014

Arun,

This worked perfectly - Thank you. The dates are actually full Chron dates
so it was easy to sort first by date. I ended up using your Method 2 for
speed.

I was wondering - if you don't mind - you could briefly explain some of the
syntax. I have seen .I and .SD but am not familiar quite with what they
mean. I'm assuming .N is last? Is there a syntax for the first (.n?) or the
5th (.5?)

Is '.I' saying find the index that meets this criterion? And .SD find the
group that meet the criterion?

Thank you,

Ben