[datatable-help] What is going on with R 3.1 ?

Michele carrieromichele at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:22:13 CEST 2014

> a <- data.table(a=1:10)
> b <- data.table(a=1:10)
> attributes(a)$.internal.selfref
<pointer: 0x0000000000120788>
> attributes(b)$.internal.selfref
<pointer: 0x0000000000120788>

The real problem is that my usual codes fail, giving error like

Error in if (!is.null(lhs)) { : missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

when I do like x[y, `:=`(a = i.a, b = i.b)]

As I said I'll try to replicate the error. However I already gave you
something, if you read my post I show how moving data from 3.0.2 to 3.1
creates the problem. Thankfully I just managed to downgrade to 3.0.2 so I
don't get fired...