[datatable-help] How to do binary search on integer key?

Yi Yuan lambandme at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 06:25:12 CET 2013

Hi, all:
I know someone has asked exactly the same question and there's even an
answer. But I think the answer is wrong. Following is the url of that
question
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/Binary-search-with-integer-key-td3705686.html

so if the key is integer and I would like to select all records where the
key=654, how do I do that?
suppose the data table is named table, key variable's name is id

I know you can do it by writing: table[id==645,], but R will conduct vector
search this way and is a lot slower than binary search.

So how can I do binary search on integer key??

Thanks!!