[datatable-help] rbindlist with unnamed lists

eddi eduard.antonyan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 06:42:27 CEST 2013

Maybe I'm not understanding smth, but afaict the following is not working as
advertised (I don't see it mentioned in the help that the sub-lists have to
be named; and I don't think that should be a requirement anyway):

*> l = list(list(1,2), list(2,3))*
> do.call(rbind, l)
     [,1] [,2]
[1,] 1    2
[2,] 2    3
*> rbindlist(l)
Error in alloc.col(ans) :
  Internal error: length of names (0) is not length of dt (2)*

And on an FR note, it would be great if the following worked as well:

*> l = list(c(1,2), c(2,3))*
> do.call(rbind, l)
     [,1] [,2]
[1,]    1    2
[2,]    2    3
*> rbindlist(l)
Error in rbindlist(l) :
  Item 1 of list input is not a data.frame, data.table or list*