[datatable-help] Follow-up on subsetting data.table with NAs

Arunkumar Srinivasan aragorn168b at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 10:35:59 CEST 2013

Hi Matthew,
My view (from the last reply) more or less reflects mnel's comments here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16239153/dtx-and-dtx-treat-na-in-x-inconsistently#comment23317096_16240143

Pasted here for convenience:
data.table is mimicing subset in its handling of NA values in logical i arguments. -- the only issue is the ! prefix signifying a not-join, not the way one might expect. Perhaps the not join prefix could have been NJ not ! to avoid this confusion -- this might be another discussion to have on the mailing list -- (I think it is a discussion worth having)

Arun