[datatable-help] Column retrieval

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Sun Aug 25 10:35:10 CEST 2013

Hi. Welcome to the list. Assuming you really do have a data.table and
not a data.frame and have joined the right mailing list then the term
"interpret text" is very vague (!) but it's possible to guess ...
     DT[ `Created by Analyst` == "certain analyst" ]
maybe.  That's a vector scan but see intro vignette for the faster
binary search way. The backquotes are needed if you have spaces in the
column names.

Please browse and search questions on the data.table tag on stack overflow :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/data.table

Matthew