[datatable-help] data.table on existing data.frame list

iembry iruckaE at mail2world.com
Tue Aug 6 02:35:58 CEST 2013

Hi, thank you for the advice.

I'll keep your suggestion in mind for some other projects, but for this
project I'm going to have to use read.table and then convert the data.frame
to data.table as I have over 1000 files that I'm processing. It has not
taken long to process this first small set of around 60 files.

This is the code that has worked for me to alter an existing column and
delete a column that was no longer needed:

getratingsmore <- lapply(seq_along(dailyvaluesneednew$site_no), function(u)
data.table(getratings[[u]]))
getratingsmore <- lapply(seq_along(dailyvaluesneednew$site_no), function(u)
getratingsmore[[u]][, y:=y+shift])
getratingsmore <- lapply(seq_along(dailyvaluesneednew$site_no), function(u)
getratingsmore[[u]][, shift:=NULL])

It continues with my initial question that I posed earlier.

Thank you.

Irucka