[datatable-help] data.table on existing data.frame list

iembry iruckaE at mail2world.com
Mon Aug 5 20:18:30 CEST 2013

Hi Matthew, thank you for your prompt response.

I am experimenting with fread and I am having a problem with comments not
being ignored. In read.table, I can ignore the comments and create column
names. I have not seen any way to either create column names or ignore
comments within the fread function.

How would I use fread to both ignore the comments and also to add column
names as I can with read.table?

ratingdepostlistedread <- fread("03217500.exsa.rdb", sep="auto",
sep2="auto", header="auto", na.strings="NA", stringsAsFactors=FALSE,
verbose=FALSE))

ratingdepostlisted <- read.table("03217500.exsa.rdb", sep = "\t", fill =
TRUE, comment.char = "#", header = T, as.is = TRUE, stringsAsFactors =
FALSE, na.strings = "NA", col.names = c("y", "shift", "x", "stor")

Thank you.

Irucka