[datatable-help] changing data.table by-without-by syntax to require a "by"

Eduard Antonyan eduard.antonyan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 14:54:33 CEST 2013

Arun,

If the new boolean is false, the result would be the same as without it and
would be equal to current behavior of d[i][, j]. If it's true, it will only
have an effect if i is a join (I think each.i= fits slightly better for
this description than .join=) - this will replicate current underlying
behavior. If you think the cross-apply is something that could work not
just for i being a data-table but other things as well, then it would make
perfect sense to implement that action too when the bool is true.

On Apr 30, 2013, at 2:58 AM, Arunkumar Srinivasan <aragorn168b at gmail.com>