[datatable-help] cedta decided 'igraph' wasn't data.table aware

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Wed Apr 24 11:07:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

Oh dear. On first glance, you are having a painful time with
data.table!   But if you have verbose=TRUE then this seems ok.  I think
of 'verbose' more like 'trace'.  There aren't different levels of
verbosity, yet, although that has been suggested before and is on the
list to do.  So internal tracing messages, notes, progress etc is all
mixed in to one 'verbose=TRUE' level at the moment.    I very rarely use
verbose=TRUE.  I just switch it on when debugging.    You and others are
right to switch it on and use it for tuning,  that is the idea,  but
it's too verbose at the moment as you've found.

Anyway, cedta did the right thing here, since 'igraph' indeed is not
data.table aware.  Setting verbose=FALSE should make the trace message
go away.

More info about cedta on the single result returned by "[data.table]
cedta" :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10527072/using-data-table-package-inside-my-own-package/10529888#10529888

(have just reread that and it's still correct).

Matthew