[datatable-help] Thanks for help on := (and another minor correction in help file)

Joseph Voelkel jgvcqa at rit.edu
Wed Jan 11 20:25:04 CET 2012

I just obtained the latest release of data.table, and immediately went to see what's new. The help on := was just what I was looking for. It cleared up things nicely for me, the RHS/LHS issue was very helpful, and the examples were the usual good stuff--simple, and they get a variety of ideas across succinctly.

Minor note:
    DT[a>"A",b:=d*2L]  # subassign to b using d where a>"A"
does not work: a is a factor, not character.