[datatable-help] Variable labels suggestion

Griffith Rees griffith.rees at sociology.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 14:26:36 CEST 2011

I think this page quite succinctly describes this issue:
http://www.statmethods.net/input/variablelables.html

I dunno how hard it would be to add this to data.tables or whether
many other people would find it useful, but it's something I've always
thought a galling omission from the data.frame model. How hard it
would then be to get that to interoperate with something like mtable
or toLatex would be a real win, but just being able to associate a
string with a column as a label beyond the variable name would
certainly be a start.

thanks,

-griff

--