[datatable-help] A good way of using data.table with a date index

Chris Neff caneff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 21:07:46 CEST 2011

Never would have found that on my own.  Could there possibly be a way to try
that in the type coercion when a key gets set that is a date, time, or
datetime class? I see no reason why key(x) = "date" should fail if all the
things necessary to convert a date to something data.table is fine with
exists.