[datatable-help] Unable to find difference between two IDates

Short, Tom TShort at epri.com
Wed Jun 30 18:55:54 CEST 2010

Harish, I just checked in another attempt at fixing this bug. One side effect this pointed out is a difference in the way I decided to handle as.POSIXct for IDate's. Please note the following difference:

> as.POSIXct( as.Date( "2010-01-01" ))
[1] "2009-12-31 19:00:00 EST"
> as.POSIXct( as.IDate( "2010-01-01" ))
[1] "2010-01-01 UTC"

And also:

> as.POSIXct( as.Date( "2010-01-01" ), tz = "EST5EDT")
[1] "2009-12-31 19:00:00 EST"
> as.POSIXct( as.IDate( "2010-01-01" ), tz = "EST5EDT")
[1] "2010-01-01 EST"

I try to keep IDate's as roundable to dates and revert to UTC (instead of the local time zone) if the time zone isn't specified.

- Tom