[Boostheaders-devel] Building RStan with BH

Ben Goodrich goodrich.ben at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:14:11 CEST 2014

Hi Dirk,

A few weeks ago, we have managed to build the rstan package using LinkingTo
for BH (and RcppEigen) but had to include the result of bcp for
circular_buffer.hpp ourselves. I don't even know what the circular_buffer
sublibrary does, but it is only about 5 files, so if you include it the
next time you update BH, then we can drop it from rstan.

For its next major release, Stan is likely to merge pull requests that
involve the multiarray and odeint sublibraries of Boost. These are less
small but presumably useful to other R projects besides rstan. We can
include those in rstan like we do for circular_buffer if you really don't
want them in BH for some reason.

Finally, if you are doing a poll, we would be in favor of bumping BH to
Boost 1.56 sometime this year if no major bugs emerge (fingers crossed)
from its reoganization / transition to git.

No rush on any of this. Thanks!

Ben