[Boostheaders-devel] Building RStan with BH

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 23 16:15:43 CEST 2013

Hi Ben,

On 23 October 2013 at 09:10, Ben Goodrich wrote:
|     I can do that and R-Forge will have a traball for you, I can also make a
|     prelim tarball available (this eve).  Could you then test?
|

| Yes, I can test any time. But there is no real rush since it would take us a

Perfect. Let's put this on the TODO list. I want to rejig a few things anyway
(ie no longer start bcp with a look at bigmemory a la Jay and Mike but make
it run over an explicit boost libs list) so there will be testing.

| while to get CRAN-compliant anyway. We would need to split the existing RStan
| into three packages in order for each to compile within a few minutes.

AFAIK there is no compile-time limit. There is one for tests.  (My 10-years
old RQuantLib package is a beast, also due to heavy Boost and C++ use in
QuantLib. Try (re-) building that for a comparison -- on Ubuntu/Debian you
just need libquantlib-dev install. Might be useful for you in discussing /
deciding what to do with RStan...)