[Boostheaders-devel] [Bioc-devel] Boost packaged on rforge

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat May 4 03:48:56 CEST 2013

To extend this thread a little:

i)   I put a little bit of time the BH package and extended the package,
     trying to address the open issues at
       https://r-forge.r-project.org/tracker/?atid=5310&group_id=1469&func=browse
     (which, sadly, Steffen never seems to have found, but I added his issue)

ii)  Now 'foreach' (#2527) and 'math/dist.' (#2533, also needed 'algorithm')
     are included.

iii) I can now build bigmemory, RcppBDT, and ExactNumCI (the driver for #2533)
     even when 'hiding' my /usr/include/boost/ -- so package BH works here!

     (Both RcppBDT and ExactNumCI, as currently on CRAN, need LinkingTo: BH,
     of course, and note that ExactNumCI has a bug in src/Makefile: remove
     BOOSTLIB which is eg unset on my system and breaks the build; I'll talk
     to them in due course.)

iv)  Steffen's wish was added as ticket #2768 and has been addressed,
     iostream is in as well but I didn't test mzR yet

I think we are crouching towards a BH release 1.51.0-1 and I'd love for
anybody else to test a little.