[Boostheaders-devel] [Bioc-devel] Boost packaged on rforge

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Thu May 2 07:18:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Vincent Carey
<stvjc at channing.harvard.edu> wrote:
> are the headers for the "boost graph library" purposely excluded?  i do not
> see them in BH/include

They purposely only include parts of boost. From what I understand,
what is included is need driven ... there is some discussion of it on
the Rcpp list from time to time.

If the powers that be (here) think it's a good idea to use the BH
library, I'm guessing Dirk E. would be the guy to poke to see if he
wouldn't mind including them.

HTH,
-steve

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Steffen Neumann <sneumann at ipb-halle.de>wrote:
>
>> Hi BioC world,
>>
>> I'd like to draw the attention to the boostheaders (or BH)
>> package on rforge.org [1], which packages the boost headers
>> so that other packages can link/include them.
>>
>> I know a few packages on BioC are using -- and embedding -- boost.
>> There have also been some discussion a long time ago [2]
>>
>> This might be a chance to get a single package that contains boost ?
>>
>> Yours,
>> Steffen
>>
>> [1] http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/boostheaders/
>> [2] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2009-February/001808.html
>>

>> --
>> IPB Halle                    AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
>> Dr. Steffen Neumann          http://www.IPB-Halle.DE
>> Weinberg 3                   http://msbi.bic-gh.de
>> 06120 Halle                  Tel. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1470
>>                                   +49 (0) 345 5582 - 0
>> sneumann(at)IPB-Halle.DE     Fax. +49 (0) 345 5582 - 1409

Steve Lianoglou
Computational Biologist
Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Genentech