[Basta-users] Life expectancy and BaSTA

Fernando Colchero colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Wed Feb 8 16:37:52 CET 2023

Hi Inez,

  Thank you for your interest in using BaSTA. Currently, the package calculates a life table, but we are fixing several bugs. As an alternative, I’ve put together the package paramDemo in GitHub (https://github.com/fercol/paramDemo). With it you can calculate life expectancy and other summary statistics with the mortality parameter outputs from BaSTA. Let me know if this is something that can help and if you need any assistance.

  Best,

Fernando

Fernando Colchero
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics and Computer Sciences (IMADA)
and Interdisciplinary Center on Population Dynamics (CPop)

Tlf.              +45 65 50 46 35
Email           colchero at imada.sdu.dk<mailto:colchero at imada.sdu.dk>
Web            www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero
Pers. web     www.colchero.com
Adr.             Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense, Dk

University of Southern Denmark