[Basta-users] Using BaSTA for stopover duration analyses

Fernando Colchero colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Thu Jul 10 10:44:15 CEST 2014

Dear Jessica,

   Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been traveling with little access to internet. I’m really glad that you like BaSTA! If I understand well, you have data for one field season on a stop over site. You could use BaSTA to determine the time to departure, but not really the combination of time to departure and survival. Unfortunately BaSTA cannot yet deal with stop over data. But we’ll be happy to provide any help you need. I’m copying you message to the BaSTA mailing list and to Maren Rebke, on of the coauthors of the package so we can follow up on your inquiry. Actually, if you are still interested on following this up, it’ll be great help if you could register to the BaSTA mailing list so other people can use your case. To register you can go to:

   Once again thanks for your interest. Best,

   Fernando

Fernando Colchero
Assistant Professor
Max-Planck Odense Center on the Biodemography of Aging

Tlf.               +45 65 50 23 24
Email           colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Web             www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero
Pers. web   www.colchero.com
Adr.              Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense, Dk

University of Southern Denmark