[Basta-users] recapTrans

Alexandre Courtiol alexandre.courtiol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:16:20 CEST 2013

Dear all,
I am trying to make the best use of the recapTrans argument but I am facing
some difficulties. I tried to allow for a different capture probability in
each year but the outcome does not seem to display those parameters, they
also don't appear in the DIC table, and I cannot find them hidden within
the basta output object (I may have missed it though). I may have
miss-specified the argument but I try both to put a numeric vector with all
years or one with all years but the first one. How can I have access to
these parameters? And is it possible to exert some constraint on them, e.g.
constrain recapture probability to be identical between some years, or
related to a covariate such as a proxy for the capture effort? Is there any
technical documentation on the method behind recapTrans? I confess I did
not dig into the basta source code to find my answers...
Thanks a lot, and see you in Odense!
Alex

--
Alexandre Courtiol