[Basta-users] Making estimates precise

Fernando Colchero colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Fri Nov 1 12:30:07 CET 2013

Dear Cliff,

   Yes, in the Gompertz model both b0 and b1 are unbound, but in BaSTA b0 = log(a), where "a" is the scale parameter of the Gompertz model: mu(x) = a * exp(b1 * x).

   I cc'ed the BaSTA mailing list in case someone has the same question.

    Best,

   Fernando

Fernando Colchero
Assistant Professor
Max-Planck Odense Center on the Biodemography of Aging

Tlf.               +45 65 50 23 24
Email           colchero at imada.sdu.dk
Web             www.sdu.dk/staff/colchero
Pers. web   www.colchero.com
Adr.              Campusvej 55, 5230, Odense, Dk

University of Southern Denmark