[Basta-users] One in the recapture matrix in birth year

Adam Hayward a.hayward at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu May 16 14:21:13 CEST 2013

Dear list members,

I have recently started to use BaSTA, but have come across an error while
using the DataCheck function which I cannot solve. I receive the message
"The following rows have a one in the recapture matrix in the birth year:
(ALL THE ROWS OF MY DATAFRAME are then listed". Having removed the birth
year of all individuals from their capture history (corresponding to
censusMat in the tutorial, for instance), the error still appears, even
though the collated dataset, which combines the capture history, covariates
and birth and death dates clearly shows a "0" in the birth year of all
individuals in the capture records. The fact that the error apparently
applies to every row of the data indicates to me that it's a silly error on
my part, but I genuinely cannot see one. I wonder if anyone else has come
across a similar problem and has any advice- I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Hayward