[Basta-users] BaSTA instalation problem

Owen Jones jonesor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:30:22 CEST 2013

I just tried to install BaSTA from within RStudio (version 0.97.336) and it worked fine.
I used the command: install.packages("BaSTA",type="source")
and this installed BaSTA version 1.8 (the latest version) without any problem.

To double check, I also tried installing BaSTA via the GUI in RStudio. This caused some problems because there no way to select "source". Instead it defaults to install the latest *binary* version. In this case, since version 1.8 is fairly new and the CRAN system has not built a binary, version 1.7 is installed (although a warning is produced).

I recommend always installing via the commandline. It *shouldn't* matter whether you do this from within RStudio or from within R itself.

Cheers,

Owen