[Basta-users] Are b1 and d1 dates priors?

Colchero, Fernando Colchero at demogr.mpg.de
Tue Nov 1 14:44:17 CET 2011

Hi Cliff,

   Unfortunately at this point BaSTA only takes known dates (in years), but we are planning to allow the users in the future to have proximate values, like upper and lower possible values for ages. In the current version, the best will be to replace with 0 those records for which there is uncertainty with the dates.

  Best,

  Fernando

Fernando Colchero

Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
Konrad Zuse Str. 1, 18057, Rostock, Germany
Tel:  +49 (0) 381 2081 113
Fax: +49 (0) 381 2081 529
E-mail: Colchero at demogr.mpg.de