[adegenet-forum] DAPC axes

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:21:37 CEST 2020

Dear Said,

both terminologies are correct: LDs are merely PCs of a discriminant
analysis. But as DAPC has 2 sets of PCs, one of the initial PCA, then one
for the follow-up discriminant analysis, LDs will be less ambiguous.

As for the scale on scatterplots of DAPC: it is disabled by default as not
usually used, but you can add a grid using grid = TRUE. See ?scatter.dapc
for further options.

Associate Professor in Outbreak Analytics, London School of Hygiene and
Tropical Medicine
Senior Lecturer in Genetic Analysis, Imperial College London
UK Public Health Rapid Support Team
President of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
https://thibautjombart.netlify.com
Twitter: @TeebzR