[adegenet-forum] non-genetic use of DA-PCA R package/Adegene

Barrett-Jolley, Richard rbj at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Sep 3 14:58:30 CEST 2019

Mmm, I asked this question of Francois and Thibaut, but it seems that this is the preferred option for discussions:

So in that case... Dear All,
"I am just now using your DA-PCA package (R) in my analyses of sequence data. Works really well, wonderful package.  It worked so well I experimented with it using and entirely different data type, Heart Rate Variability data.  In this problem, we have a number of subjects and several dozen HRV parameters (I treat as alleles) and the package works seamlessly with useful output.
I just wondered, was there any reason why you focussed your methods on just alleles/genetic data?  Would you not expect that it should be cool for any highly-multivariate data sets?"

Kindest Regards
Richard