[adegenet-forum] more clusters with less PCs retained in find.clusters

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon May 13 13:36:41 CEST 2019

Hi Lu,

you have a lot of variables for few individuals. Chances are when you
retain too many PCs, you end up keeping a lot of random noise and Kmeans
struggles to find meaningful centroids for your clusters. When keeping less
PCs, you likely get rid of a lot of the noise, but the signal (group
discrimination) stays.

Associate Professor in Outbreak Analytics, London School of Hygiene and
Tropical Medicine
Senior Lecturer in Genetic Analysis, Imperial College London
President of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
https://thibautjombart.netlify.com
Twitter: @TeebzR