[adegenet-forum] sPCA for environmental genomics

Stéphane Dray stephane.dray at univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Nov 15 09:27:24 CET 2018

Hi,

have a look to the adespatial package. It contains several tools (and
references) for such type of analysis in the context of community ecology.

Cheers

Le 14/11/2018 à 19:59, Nicolas.Tsesmetzis at shell.com a écrit :

> Hello adegenet users,
>
> I am working in environmental genomics looking at microbial
> communities in environmental samples (mostly soil). As each soil
> sample can contain thousands of microorganisms (at different relative
> abundances) we typically use Principal Coordinate Analysis (PCoA) to
> identify samples that are similar to each other. What would be really
> useful is if we could include geospatial information (Lat, Long) in
> the analysis in order to determine whether the similarities in the
> microbial profiles are due to their geospatial proximity (and the
> underlying environmental parameters associated with that geographic
> area).
>
> Searching for such type of analysis I came across the sPCA
> functionality in the adegenet package. Is sPCA suitable for such
> analysis? If so, would it be possible to retrofit the sPCA function in
> adegenet to perform such analysis? If not, could anyone point me to a
> tool (or a person) that could help me with this type of analysis?
>
> The input table is very simple:
>

> Organism 1
>

> Organism 2
>

> Organism 3
>

> ….
>

>  Organism m
>

> Lat
>

> Long
>
> Sample 1
>

> 0.5
>

> 0.1
>

> 0
>

> ….
>

> 0.2
>

> x1
>

> y1
>
> Sample 2
>

> 0.2
>

> 0
>

> 0
>

> ….
>

> 0.4
>

> x2
>

> y2
>
> Sample 3
>

> 0.1
>

> 0.8
>

> 0.6
>

> ….
>

> 0
>

> x3
>

> y3
>
> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>
> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .
>
> .
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .

> [...]

Stéphane DRAY (stephane.dray at univ-lyon1.fr)
Laboratoire BBE-CNRS-UMR-5558, Univ. C. Bernard - Lyon I
43, Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/members/dray/
GdR EcoStat : https://sites.google.com/site/gdrecostat/