[adegenet-forum] Snapclust for individual assignment

Adam Andrews adam.andrews at uit.no
Mon Mar 5 15:51:08 CET 2018

Hi,

I would like to use Snapclust to obtain group membership probabilities for unknown individuals in respect to pre-defined reference populations.

As the reference populations are already established, I would like to define the reference clusters a priori?, then define k = the number of reference clusters, and the individuals to assign as an open group so to speak. However, k must match the number of priors and I can see no way to provide priors for the reference samples and not the individuals to assign. Is there a way around this?

This seems a slightly different approach to what you have documented - using find.clusters and so I just wanted to check if this is a possibility.

Best,

Adam Andrews

Researcher

UiT The Arctic University of Norway