[adegenet-forum] snapclust when HW is not expected

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 09:41:54 CET 2018

Again, it'd be fun to give it a try on an actual case study ;)

If one treated clonal data as independent loci (rather than as a single
one), this will result in fully correlated allele frequencies, but this
shouldn't change the clustering itself. It will change summary statistics
(AIC etc), but as both the deviance and the number of parameters will be
overestimated not sure how much this would impact the choice of the
'optimal K'.

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College
London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
https://thibautjombart.netlify.com