[adegenet-forum] How to interpret Density Plot for K=2

Mark Coulson Mark.Coulson.ic at uhi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 21:36:12 CET 2018

Hi Nikki,

Your interpretation of the plot seems correct, however I'd ask if you ran the xvalDAPC cross validation? It may be that you have kept too many PCs so are overfitting the data. The xvalDAPC will find the optimal number of PCs to retain for your two groups. Then use this number of PCs to run a new DAPC. It will likely result in more overlap between the two groups, which would then be more consistent with the low differentiation you are seeing based on FST.

Hope this helps.

Mark