[adegenet-forum] Nucleotide substitution model used by haploGen()/SeqTrack()

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 13:27:24 CEST 2018

I am not sure I understand the question. Each haplotype is, by definition,
one sequence. I assume we are talking about the number of descendants for a
given haplotype in the simulation. If so, you are right, the number of
descendants is determined by the function 'repro', which defaults to:
function(){rpois(1,1.5)}

Then for each descendant:
- the time of evolution since the ancestral sequence is determined
- transitions and transversions are determined
- resulting sequences are output

Does it make sense?