[adegenet-forum] Retrieving population allele frequencies of SNPs using HGDP file

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 11:35:18 CEST 2017

Hi again,

OK I think I got it. So:
- I can't remember how I built the eHGDP dataset, but it's an easy task
- I don't know if the data you're looking for is publicly available
- assuming you find it, there are two ways to get a genpop object:
#1: from individual data with pop info: read data in (read.csv /
read.table), use df2genind (be patient there, that'll take a while),
then genind2genpop

#2: from population data (allele counts): read data in (read.csv /
read.table), use the genpop() constructor to make the data a genpop
object; I think this is documented in the basics tutorial, but
definitely also in ?genpop

HTH

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
Twitter: @TeebzR