[adegenet-forum] Post a question

Patricia Guedes patriciacruzgguedes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 12:36:22 CET 2017

Hi, I'd like to post a question in the adegenet forum.

It is not exactly related to coding but I don't know where to ask. If you
know of a better place to ask this question please redirect me.

I'm performing a DAPC in R, using the adegenet package. I only have 84
individuals, and I'm using a gening object with about 5000 SNPs to try and
see if there's genetic diference between sample sites (4). I'm using the
grp function to find how many clusters I should use. However, when I run de
grp function, if I choose to keep 84 PCs the best BIC indicates 2 clusters.
If I choose to keep 28 PCs, the BIC indicates 4 clusters. Why does this
happen? If I'm using more PC's and adding more information shouldn't that
give me more clusters?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Patrícia Guedes