[adegenet-forum] dist.genpop giving NaNs

Bourne S. S.Bourne at soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 28 14:02:01 CEST 2017

Hi there,

I've got three species I'm looking to do a mantel test on, but for some reason only one of them gives results when calculating the genetic distance between populations with dist.genpop. All three are based off genepops which are generated the same way and in the exact same format. I import them as a genind, then reconvert to genpop to run the dist.genpop on. One of them works fine, the others give NaN, and then do not work when performing the mantel test as NaNs are present.

I'm a bit confused because they're all in the same format, and if one works then all should work.

Has anyone come across this and been able to overcome it?

Cheers,

Steve

Steven Bourne
PhD Student - Adaptation and Genomics of Biological Invasions
School of Ocean and Earth Science
National Oceanography Centre
University of Southampton