[adegenet-forum] tetraploid DAPC

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 17:04:30 CET 2017

Dear Jessica,

as you might have noted from the doc of read.structure, the function only
work with diploid data. Tetraploid data are no problem in adegenet, but
you'll need to get them in differently. I would suggest the following
workflow:

1) get your data in a txt/csv file in a format where data at each locus are
coded as character strings where alleles are separated by a given symbol
(e.g. "-", or "/")
001-010-001-002

2) read them into R using read.table or read.csv

3) use df2genind to convert data into a genind object

The basics tutorial should help with this last step:
https://github.com/thibautjombart/adegenet/wiki/Tutorials

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College
London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
github.com/thibautjombart